“This trail has more historical significance than beauty. It ends at the famed Sunnyside Mine. Unfortunately, only foundations remain today. There is a large campground atTownsite at the base of the trail. was established in 1875 with an active post office until 1942. Sunnyside Mine produced over $50 million. Mines under Lake…
We found out that in 1917, parts of theGold Prince Mill were removed and sent to to build the Sunnyside Mill.
The mill was built shortly after in 1912 and lasted until the 20’s
once contained 30 cabins, a hotel, a general store, a saloon, and a post office. Later on, the Gold Prince Mill was built but was shut down 6 years later in 1910.
was founded 1880 and in the first two years of its existence, its population ballooned to between 1,000 and 1,500. At the time, the population of mining towns was determined by the number of saloons and dance halls instead of a census taker and at this time, had 36 saloons and 7 dance…
Ashcroft was once home to two newspapers, 20 saloons, a school and many private homes. The town faded when the mining boom played out.
was founded in 1891 and quickly became the most productive gold mining district in Colorado.